Financial Aid and LOA

Students on financial aid should review their awards with the Office of College Aid before deciding on a leave of absence. If they are recipients of Federal Title IV loans, they are advised that they may use portions of their grace period if they are not enrolled for more than one quarter. A student who has exhausted their grace period and is unable to begin repayment may apply for a deferment or forbearance of payment from the Federal Student Aid Office of the Department of Education. If a student has a loan from an outside provider, they should contact their loan servicer for more information before leaving campus.