Facilities Use and Voluntary LOA
- Students on voluntary leave of absence do not attend classes.
- Students on voluntary leave of absence cannot hold work-study or maintain on-campus employment.
- Students on voluntary leave of absence cannot live in University housing.
- Students on voluntary leave of absence cannot participate in Recognized Student Organizations (RSO) activities that are not otherwise open to the public.
- Athletic facilities are available to students on voluntary leave of absence for a fee. Consult with a dean in the Office of the Dean of Students during the leave of absence conference about access to athletic facilities.
- Career Advancement resources are generally available to students on voluntary leave of absence.
- Borrowing privileges at the library are available for a fee. Consult with a dean in the Office of the Dean of Students during the voluntary leave of absence conference about library access.
- Students on a medical leave of absence who are enrolled in U-SHIP may access the on-campus Student Health Service (SHS) and Student Counseling Service (SCS) through the remainder of the year in which their medical leave of absence was granted (i.e., August 31st). These students will be assessed the quarterly Student Life Fee for access to these on-campus health services. For more information, see the Student Manual.
- The USITE Computing Clusters are not available to students on LOA. Email access continues for two quarters. Computer workstations are available at the Regenstein Library to anyone with library access. After one year, all mail files, personal Web pages, and online directory data are deleted.