This webpage provides the College community with an official and comprehensive source of information for our undergraduate students.
Housing & Dining
UChicago is focused on making its residence halls as safe as possible and is committed to continued excellence in supporting our residents.
- For those living on campus during Autumn Quarter, Housing & Residence Life previously outlined specific residence hall move-in procedures, detailed here.
- Public health precautions are in place for students' return to campus, detailed here.
- Students in isolation housing can learn more about the quarantine meal delivery program here.
Financial Aid & Tuition
- For information on Financial Aid, view the Office of Financial Aid’s FAQs. Undergraduate Aid can be reached at 773.702.8666 or email@example.com.
- For questions on tuition and billing, visit the Bursar FAQs. The Bursar can be reached at 773.702.8000 or https://bursar.uchicago.edu/university-students-contact-us/.
- Emergency funding options are available through the emergency assistance programs for students.
- Support and resources for Odyssey Scholars can be found on the Odyssey Scholars page.
Resources for International Students
The Office of International Affairs provides advising services and supportive programming to the international community at the University of Chicago. OIA is not available for in-person appointments, but is available remotely. Please reach out to your OIA adviser via email or by telephone. If you do not know who your adviser is, please visit the OIA Staff Directory.
- For visa, travel and immigration-related questions, visit the Office of International Affairs' FAQs on Coronavirus.
Staff in the College Academic Advising Office stand ready to work with students to make sure their Autumn Quarter is productive and that they continue to make progress in their academic journey. Advisers will be available to meet with all students in the College via phone or Zoom, and will no longer be holding in-person appointments in efforts to maintain the national guidelines for social distancing.
Maintaining continuity of education and research is of highest priority for the College. Academic resources will remain available for coursework, independent research and many undergraduate research positions.
- For additional information, visit the Learning Remotely FAQs.
For students participating in remote learning, the Learning Remotely website is a centralized source of general resources and information to support students in maximizing the online educational experience, including tips for adjusting your learning strategy, tutoring programs, well-being services, Title IX guidance, and information for students with disabilities and international students.
To explore Study Abroad opportunities, including programs for Winter and Spring 2022, visit the Study Abroad website.
The College Center for Research and Fellowships (CCRF) will continue to advise students on undergraduate research opportunities, grant processes, and major national fellowships Autumn Quarter.
The College Core Tutor Program is a peer-based tutoring program for UChicago undergraduates designed to provide one-on-one assistance and small group support to undergraduate students in scientific and quantitative subjects, including chemistry, economics, mathematics, statistics, computer science, physics, and biology. Learn more.
Learn more about wellness resources, emergency support, and research and career opportunities below:
- UChicago Student Wellness has shifted primarily to virtual operations, and has expanded options for telehealth and teletherapy.
- In order to practice social distancing and minimize the chance of exposure to staff and students, we are not accepting walk-in visits at this time. Please check the Wellness site regularly for updates.
- For appointments or medical advice, including questions about COVID-19, please call UChicago Student Wellness at 773.834.WELL for a telehealth appointment with one of our clinicians. If you have any symptoms of an upper respiratory illness, be sure to indicate this when you call.
- UChicago Student Wellness urges you to attend to your mental well-being and to reach out to us for support during these challenging times. For all inquiries, call 773.834.WELL. Students needing urgent mental health care can speak with clinicians over the phone 24/7 by calling the Therapist-on-Call at 773.702.3625.
- We are also offering virtual drop-in sessions through the Let’s Talk program, in addition to weekly virtual workshops. Please see the Wellness site for more information.
- U-SHIP coverage is valid globally. Check the student insurance website for full details.
Due to the heightened safety guidelines around social distancing, the Center for College Student Success is moving to supporting students remotely until further notice. While it will be an adjustment not seeing you all in-person or within the CCSS Lounge, know we are still here to support you and can be reached by email and through appointments via Skype, Zoom, or phone. Please click here to schedule an appointment.
There will also be opportunities to engage and build community virtually with the CCSS community through forums, study breaks, and fun challenges to keep us connected. Please stay tuned by following CCSS on social media and by reviewing our newsletters. If there are questions or suggestions for engagement, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about opportunities the Center for Leadership and Involvement has to help connect College with involvement opportunities, Registered Student Organizations, and social events on campus.
In accordance with guidance from the Chicago Department of Public Health, Athletics & Recreation is modifying its building capacity and facility operations to ensure the health and safety of all students and building staff. Due to the necessary de-densification of fitness and recreation spaces and equipment, facilities will only be open to enrolled UChicago students, faculty and staff. Click here to view the Facilities and Hours overview.
All facility usage MUST still be registered via our online reservation system 24-72 hours in advance.