The UChicago Mentoring Program (UCMP) strives to foster community at the University of Chicago through peer mentorship. UCMP provides incoming first-year students with upper-class mentors to aid in their transition to College and the University of Chicago.
The goals of the UChicago Mentoring Program are:
- To assist incoming students in building relationships with upper-class students.
- Provide new students with a personable connection to campus and the UChicago community.
- Aid incoming students in their transition to College and UChicago.
- Provide support and direction to new students when completing various to-dos relating to their transition to the University.
- Provide upper-class students with leadership opportunities and ways to engage and give back to the campus community.
Incoming students will be invited to join the UChicago Mentoring Program in late May.