The UChicago Mentoring Program (UCMP) strives to foster community at the University of Chicago through peer mentorship. UCMP provides incoming first-year and transfer students with upper-class mentors to aid in their transition to College and the University of Chicago.
The goals of the UChicago Mentoring Program are:
- To assist incoming students in building relationships with upper-class students.
- Provide new students with a personable connection to campus and the UChicago community.
- Aid incoming students in their transition to College and UChicago.
- Provide support and direction to new students when completing various to-dos relating to their transition to the University.
- Provide upper-class students with leadership opportunities and ways to engage and give back to the campus community.
Incoming students will be invited to join the UChicago Mentoring Program in late June 2020.