The summer before your first quarter in the College will go by more quickly than you can imagine. As you prepare to begin your new academic career with us, there is important information for you to review and several important tasks to complete. To ensure that you don't miss anything, we have developed a series of monthly To-Do Lists for you to follow throughout the summer. Some items may be able to be completed ahead of time. Others items will have specific windows of time during which you must complete the assigned task. We recommend that you read each month's items carefully to make sure that you don't miss anything.
On each list, you will find three categories of tasks.
- Mandatory: These tasks must be completed by the deadline listed in order for you to be prepared for Orientation and the start of classes.
- Strongly Recommended: These items will complement the required tasks and will help to ease your transition into the College.
- Encouraged: These items will assist in ensuring that you have the best possible start to your time in the College.
If you run into problems or have questions along the way, College Programming and Orientation is here to help. You can contact us via email at email@example.com or by phone and text at 773-702-8616.
- Create your CNet ID and set up Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) by Tuesday, May 31. Don’t forget to also download your list of 10, one-time passcodes.
- Submit your official ID photo. To upload your photo, please visit https://myphoto.uchicago.edu. The deadline to upload your photo is Thursday, June 30.
- Complete the Housing Application, that will open on Monday, May 2 by 11:59 PM on Friday, July 1. You will need your CNet and a successful ID photo submission in order to complete your housing application. If you have trouble accessing the housing application or questions along the way, please contact Housing & Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org, 773-702-7366, or via the Live Chat Feature (when available) within the myHousing portal.
- Complete the Math and any other relevant Placement Tests by Friday, July 22. Placement tests will be available beginning the week of May 16.
- Transfer students must submit course information and final transcripts by Wednesday, June 15.
- You will receive your first Orientation Newsletter and Online Orientation Module on May 23. Carefully review the welcome newsletter and complete the online orientation module.
- Apply for a UChicago Summer Opportunity or Pre-Orientation Program. Applications close Friday, June 10.
- Download the College Connection App on your smartphone. The app is available to download for iOS or download Android Devices. Just search for College Connection – UChicago. You can also access interactive monthly to-do lists on the app!
- Learn more about the different Summer Experiences and Pre-Orientation programs at the Pre-Orientation Panel on Wednesday, May 18 at 12 PM CST.
- Register to attend the UChicago Mentoring Program Panel on Thursday, May 26 at 6 PM CST to learn more about your assigned Peer Mentor!
- Connect with fellow members of the Class of 2026 Facebook Group.
- Bookmark the Orientation website for more information about virtual summer programming, O-Week, incoming student communications, and the monthly To-Do Lists.
May To-Do List