The Maroon Key Society is the College's honorary society and its principle student advisory group. Its members serve as advisors to the College leadership and play an important role as representatives of the greater student body to faculty, staff and administrative leadership. In addition to representing the larger student body in counsel with College leadership, Maroon Key Society members will also play an active role in the College Class Day Celebration. Students elected to the Maroon Key Society in their second year will serve for two years; students elected in their third year will serve for one year.
- Must be a rising third- or fourth year student at time of application
- Active in co-curricular activities - including research, leadership, and/or service
- Minimum 3.5 GPA
- All majors eligible
- Evidence of academic excellence and potential
- Sustained engagement in co- and/or extra-curricular activities (as evidence of ambition for others)
- Commitment to values and ideals of the College
Campus deadline for all Maroon Key Society applicants from rising third- and fourth-years: Friday, August 20, 2021
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
All nominations must be received by 11:59 p.m. by Friday, August 20, 2021. Nominations received after the campus deadline will not be accepted.
Provide a single 250-word nominee essay that responds to one of the two essay prompts on the application (please don't use this as an opportunity to air grievances, but to thoughtfully reflect on a unique challenge or opportunity for growth in the College and/or student experience).
Selection criteria include: