Dear Students in the College,
Welcome to the 2021-22 academic year at the University of Chicago!
Each year, the College excitedly anticipates Autumn, looking forward to another quarter of incoming and returning students walking through the quad, debating in classrooms, discovering through research, and experiencing the vibrancy of campus and the city of Chicago. With the pandemic having impacted how we connect and learn, this particular Autumn quarter is even more special. We are delighted students have returned to learning from campus and encourage you to fully engage in the many opportunities offered to maximize your academic journey.
To assist you, numerous activities and events will be offered by the College to support and celebrate you as part of the community. To begin, opportunities this and next month include:
● Visit the new College Academic Advising Center (5555 S. Woodlawn Ave.)
● Open Houses for Majors (September 28 - October 26)
▪ South Side history bike tour with Dean Boyer (October 2)
▪ Great Chicago Fire urban hike (October 8)
▪ Urban October: Sinking Chicago lecture (October 14)
● College Kick-Off and Academic Opportunities Fair (October 4)
● Humanities Day (October 16)
● Study Abroad Information Sessions (October 19, 20, 22)
● 2024: Rising welcome program for the Class of 2024 (September 25 – October 28)
● Family Weekend (October 22-24)
Over the next weeks, my office will communicate additional opportunities for furthering your intellectual and personal development. In the meantime, on behalf of the staff in the College’s Dean of Students Office, I again welcome you to the new academic year and wish you an enjoyable and successful Autumn quarter.
Dean of Students in the College