For those of you who will begin attending in-person courses today, we wish to pass along a few reminders and key procedures about classroom buildings that are designed to promote the health and wellbeing of you and other members the campus community.
• Per the UChicago Health Pact, wear a face covering at all times while in campus buildings and classrooms, and maintain 6 feet of distance from others whenever possible (including entering and exiting the building).
• Use your ID card to enter classroom buildings. Please enter one at a time and do not hold the door open for others.
• Please do not congregate in common areas of buildings, such as lobbies or hallways. Proceed directly to your classroom when entering the building and leave the building after your class.
• Cleaning supplies are available in each classroom for disinfecting surfaces you will contact, such as seats and desks. Please allow additional time before and after class to wipe down the surfaces you will use or have used.
• Eating or drinking is not allowed in classrooms.
• Please follow the directions on the special signage in buildings that designates seating restrictions, elevator use, and other health and safety guidance.
If you have separately received instructions for a particular classroom building, please follow those directions.
Following these procedures is important for promoting the health and wellbeing of those participating in our in-person classes and others in the campus community.
Jay Ellison, PhD
Dean of Students in the College
The University of Chicago