The University of Chicago's Biological Sciences Collegiate Division (BSCD) has developed innovative and exciting curricular initiatives in undergraduate science education and expanded undergraduate research opportunities. Approximately 80 percent to 90 percent of all biology majors engage in some form of research activity. These successful programs provide a firm foundation for the undergraduate research experience.
Explore opportunities listed below. You can also explore additional internal and external research opportunities by searching the various databases at the College Center for Research and Fellowships (CCRF).
One of the most daunting tasks for an undergraduate student interested in pursuing research is identifying a mentor and lab in which to perform research. The Phoenix Biology Club sent out a brief survey to BSD faculty and created a partial list of faculty who are interested in talking to undergraduates about joining their labs. You can find the google document at this link.
Keep in mind that this is only a partial list of labs and mentors, so you should definitely perform your own search to explore research opportunities that best match your own interests.
- BSCD Summer Fellowship Program 2021
- BSCD Ecology and Evolution Fellowship 2021
- BSCD Collegiate Translational Medicine Fellowship 2021
- BSCD Undergraduate Summer Fellowship in Public Health Research 2021
- BSCD Developmental Neurobiology Undergraduate Fellowship 2021
- BSCD Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship in Bioimaging for Oncology and Related Disciplines (SURFBOARD) 2021
- BSCD Quantitative Biology Summer Fellowship 2021
- BSCD Research Foundations in Genetics and Genomics 2021
- 2021 Neuroscience Research Metcalf Internship
- BSCD Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship in Pathophysiology, Biology, and Bioenergetics of Renal Diseases 2021
- BSCD Chromatin & Epigenetics Undergraduate Research Fellowship - 2021