The Parent and Family Program offers parents and family members opportunities to support UChicago while drawing on their own talents and expertise. Relevant staff from Career Advancement, College Admissions, the College Programming Office, and Parent and Family Philanthropy provide direct coordination and meaningful involvement for parents and family members as they offer their support.
Career Advancement offers a variety of volunteer opportunities for parents and family members to connect with current students throughout the career preparation process, including:
- Conducting practice interviews with students
- Attending or hosting networking events
- Inviting students to shadow at your place of work
- Hosting an internship, externship, or career exploration trek
To volunteer for these and other Career Advancement programs, visit our volunteering website and complete our general volunteer registration form.
Year after year, parents have provided a valuable service to the College by sharing their experiences with other parents and welcoming new families into the UChicago community. College Admissions offers many different volunteer opportunities, including:
- Hosting recruitment and admitted student receptions
- Volunteering at a college fair
- Writing welcome letters to parents of prospective students
College Programming and Orientation
Parents are often the best ambassadors for the College and serve an important role in inspiring other parents to get involved in the life of the University. The office of College Programming and Orientation offers a number of ways that parents can volunteer, including:
- Hosting a Send-off Party
- Working shifts at family-themed events, such as Family Weekend
- Contributions to family-focused communications, such as the parent newsletter or parent community website
Parent and Family Philanthropy
As UChicago has grown, it has offered new programs and opportunities to students that have come to define what an education from the College looks like. Financial commitments from parents, families, and alumni have been at the heart of expanding and strengthening the College in every conceivable way. The College has many different ways that parents can get involved philanthropically.