Taking Classes Elsewhere and LOA

Students considering enrollment in another institution while on leave of absence should discuss their academic plans with a College adviser. The Transfer Credit page on this site provides guidelines for transferring credit back to the University. 

Students who receive financial aid from the College are eligible to request federal financial aid via a consortium agreement, when they register for classes at least half-time at another institution. Summer study and less-than-half-time study are not eligible for federal aid via a consortium agreement. See the Office of College Aid for more information. 

Note: Students cannot resume studies in the College if they have received a bachelor’s or an advanced degree elsewhere.