Requesting a Leave of Absence or Withdrawal
If you are a student who needs to interrupt or discontinue enrollment in the College, you should request a leave of absence or withdrawal by taking the following steps:
- Discuss the implications of interrupting your enrollment with your College adviser. International students should also consult with the Office of International Affairs;
- Schedule a leave of absence/withdrawal appointment with a dean of students in the College at the Advising Reception Desk or by phoning 773-702-8615;
- Bring a completed Request for Leave of Absence or Withdrawal form to your appointment with the dean;
- Notify the Office of Undergraduate Student Housing (if applicable) and prepare to remove all belongings from the residence hall (including storage areas);
- Speak with a counselor in the Office of College Aid about the implications of a leave on current obligations and future financial aid;
- Conduct an exit interview with the Office of Student Loan Administration if you are a student loan recipient.
It is the College’s expectation that a student will not exceed eight cumulative quarters of leave over the course of his or her undergraduate career. A student who has exceeded eight quarters of approved leave will be involuntarily withdrawn and must apply for readmission. The College is not obliged to approve student re-admissions.
Note: Students cannot resume studies in the College if they have received a bachelor’s degree elsewhere.