Senior Class Gift is a chance to look back on the opportunities you have had in your time at the College and to begin building a legacy of commitment that will benefit future students. It is a tradition that stretches all the way back to the first graduating class of the University. Participation is what really matters, so showing your support by making a gift of any amount will go a long way.
What does the Senior Class Gift go to?
The Senior Class Gift benefits three areas. Students have the option of giving to the College Fund, Dean’s Fund for Student Life, and Odyssey Scholarship Challenge.
- The College Fund is made of gifts given by students, alumni, and friends. It provides support in the areas of greatest need to the College, including financial aid, international study programs, internship opportunities, and much more.
- The Dean’s Fund for Student Life supports student innovation by funding community projects and events, intensive research including traveling to conferences, and programs that support both the academic and social aspects of UChicago life.
- The Odyssey Scholarship Challenge provides much needed funding for exceptional applicants that might otherwise be unable to attend the University due to financial circumstances. These scholarships are sustained entirely by student and alumni donations.
For more information about these areas and about Senior Class Gift overall, visit seniorclassgift.uchicago.edu.
This is your chance to come together as a class and acknowledge the many opportunities you’ve had. Participating in the Senior Class Gift is about supporting the academic rigor and interdisciplinary education that is uniquely University of Chicago, and the act of giving is just as important to this support as the size of the gift.
How to Give?
Students can give online, via mail, or in-person
- Online: SCG website
- Check by mail: Pay to the order of The University of Chicago, mailed to:
Senior Class Gift
5235 South Harper Court #7
Chicago, IL 60615
- In-person: Any committee member may assist you with your donation. You will also find opportunities to give in-person at senior pub nights and other senior-related events throughout the academic year.