Dear Class of 2020,
With Convocation Weekend fast approaching, the College would like to take a moment to share some important details and reminders as we prepare to celebrate our graduating students. Please take special note of changes to the timing of some diploma ceremonies, due to livestreaming requirements.
Friday, June 12, 2020
- Class Day, 2:00 p.m. CT: An annual celebration for the Class of 2020 featuring student speakers, the presentation of the Howell Murrary Awards, and a keynote speech from distinguished cancer researcher Otis W. Brawley, SB'81, MD'85.
Saturday, June 13, 2020
- The 533rd Convocation, 9:15 a.m. CT: A University-wide ceremony during which President Robert J. Zimmer will confer degrees to all candidates.
Sunday, June 14, 2020
- College Diploma Ceremonies, various: Undergraduate students remotely return to their residential communities to celebrate graduation with the classmates with whom they began their academic journey. Please note: the following schedule differs slightly from what was previously communicated.
- Max Palevsky Residential Commons, 10:00 a.m. CT: Alper, Flint, Graham, Hoover, May, Rickert, Wallace, and Woodward Houses
- Renee Granville-Grossman Residential Commons East, 11:15 a.m. CT: Cathey, Crown, Jannotta, and Wendt Houses
- Renee Granville-Grossman Residential Commons West, 12:00 p.m. CT: DelGiorno, Halperin, Keller, and Kenwood Houses
- International House and Stony Island Hall, 12:45 p.m. CT: Booth, Breckinridge, Phoenix, Shorey, Stony Island, and Thompson Houses
- Burton-Judson Courts, 1:30 p.m. CT: Chamberlin, Coulter, Dodd-Mead, Linn-Mathews, Salisbury, and Vincent Houses
- Campus North Residential Commons West and Vue 53, 2:15 p.m. CT: Rogers, Strongin, Thangaraj, Trott, and Vue 53 Houses
- Campus North Residential Commons East, 3:15 p.m. CT: Behar, Boyer, Dougan-Niklason, and Yuen Houses
- Snell Hitchcock Hall, 4:15 p.m. CT: Hitchcock and Snell Houses
How to Watch:
Links to watch each ceremony will be available at convocation.uchicago.edu, and will be shared via email next week.
Virtual Diploma Ceremonies Photo Submissions:
The deadline to submit photos for the Virtual Diploma Ceremonies has been extended to 11:59p.m. on Sunday, May 31. To submit your photo, please click on your ceremony's link below:
- Burton-Judson Courts
- Campus North Residential Commons-East
- Campus North Residential Commons-West
- International House and Stony Island
- Max Palevsky Residential Commons
- Renee Granville-Grossman Residential Commons-East
- Renee Granville-Grossman Residential Commons-West
- Snell-Hitchcock Hall
We wish you the best as you wrap up your last quarter in the College. We look forward to celebrating with you in the coming weeks!