Transcripts & Diplomas


Academic History

Students can view their academic histories and overall grade point averages using the myUChicago Academic Portal. One’s academic history includes only the courses taken in the College since matriculation. For a complete academic profile, one would need to consult an official or unofficial transcript.

Official Transcripts

The Registrar charges students a “Lifetime Transcript Fee,” which allows students to order an unlimited number of official transcripts. Transcripts may be ordered through the myUChicago Academic Portal. More information is available on the Registrar’s transcript page.

Unofficial Transcripts

Current students in the College may order a free copy of the unofficial transcript in person only at the Advising Reception desk on the second floor of Harper Library. A single copy of the transcript will be available within 24 hours. Unofficial transcripts are also distributed by College advisers to second-, third-, and fourth-year students during the annual advising conference. Students are encouraged to check their transcripts carefully for errors or omissions.

Correcting Omissions

Advanced Placement/Placement Tests/International Baccalaureate Credit

Official AP score reports should be requested from College Board and sent directly to the University of Chicago. AP/PT/IB credit is posted to the transcript during the first year of study. Second-year students who discover missing credit should contact their College Advisers.

Language Competency notation

Contact your College adviser if the notation “College Language Requirement Completed” is missing from the Accreditation section of the transcript.


Contact the instructor or TA about a missing grade. If the grade has already been submitted, contact the Office of the University Registrar to confirm that the grade was received. Contact your College adviser if the situation remains unresolved.

Transfer Credit

Students who have had a transfer credit petition approved but find that the appropriate notation is missing under “Transcript Notations: Previous Institutions Attended” section of the transcript should contact a College Adviser.

Other Missing or Incorrect Information

Questions about any other missing or incorrect information should be directed to the Office of the University Registrar.


Information Appearing on the Undergraduate Diploma

  • The University of Chicago
  • The student’s name as appears in the Registrar’s records
  • Degree (Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science)
  • Primary major only (no minors or specializations)
  • The words “with honors” if departmental/program honors are received
  • Date of Convocation


Department/program honors is determined by major, usually at the end of the quarter prior to graduation. Refer to the College catalog for specific requirements. Students who have earned an overall grade point average of 3.25 or above at the time of graduation are eligible for general honors. Recognition for both general and departmental honors appears on the transcript and in the convocation program.

Students in the College receive one bachelor’s degree regardless of the number of majors or minors.

For more information about the appearance of the diploma or transcript, contact the Office of the University Registrar at (773) 702-7891.