Changing Advisers

If a student feels that he or she does not have a productive relationship with his or her College Adviser, it is possible to request an adviser change. To do this, the student must complete a petition to the Dean of Students and schedule an appointment to meet with the dean in person. We expect first-year students and students with new advisers to give the relationship time to form and to wait a full academic quarter at the earliest to make such a request. An effective and satisfying student-adviser relationship, after all, requires familiarity and patience.